Here is another 3D tree design, this time for Valentines Day. I designed and made this shortly after getting my Silhouette about a year ago. It is a complex cut with easy construction afterwards! I have uploaded two different patterns for this tutorial, one has solid hearts and the other is open. You can resize the pattern and make a collection in various sizes and shades of red, pink and white for a stunning centerpiece. It is both Cameo and Portrait friendly.
Valentine Tree Tutorial:
Tutorial assembled using Silhouette Software Release 2.7.18. This tutorial assumes you already know how to use the Silhouette and Silhouette software. It can be cut on both Cameo and Portrait Silhouette machines.
- Template from Silhouette On-Line Store here.
- Paper Glue
- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Card Stock
- Small binder clips
Steps for completing the Valentine Tree project:1. Download the cutting file for your Silhouette Cutting machine from the Silhouette Online Store. This is what the file looks like.
- Cut 3 times from card stock. I have also cut white hearts and suspended them in the center using red ribbon. That is an optional step. I added the extra heart pattern to the Silhouette file incase you want to put hearts in the center as well.
3. Assemble the tree.
- Apply paper glue to the tips of all hearts on ONE edge of one tree. Don't go in further than 1/4" from the edge.
- Place a second tree on top and press together.
- Clip with mini binder clips to hold until dry. You can proceed with the other sides as it is drying.
- Turn back the top tree from the open side and apply glue to the first couple of tips again only going in about 1/4"
- Place the third tree against them working it between the two trees already together. They will bow apart.
- Quickly add tiny binder clips to hold them in place while the glue dries.
- It is easiest to work a few ends at a time on each side and slowly move up the tree.
- Glue the third seam together and add binder clips to it as well.
- Allow the tree to dry and then remove all the binder clips.
- And the first tree is done!
- Try the other cutting pattern with the solid hearts but also try re-sizing and creating a forest.
- Here is a pair I cut in white index stock. One has a red heart hanging in the center. The other has a string of red wooden beads. Be creative!
© 2014 Marji Roy, Ashbee Design
Sharing this post at some of these link parties. They are worth checking out for other ideas.
Motivate Me Monday, Mop It Up Monday, Alderberry Hill, Metamorphis Monday, Tuesday Treasures,Today's Creative Blog, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Not Just a House Wife, The Inspiration Board, Romancing on a Dime, DIY Dreamer, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Transformation Thursday, House of Hepworths, Craftberry Bush, Jennifer Rizzo, One Artsy Mama, Craftionary, Flaunt in Friday, Tater Tots and Jello, Show and Tell Saturday, DIY Showoff, I Gotta Try That, Kathe With an E, The Girl Creative, Weekend Re-Treat