Here is a cutting pattern and tutorial for a pile of tiny 3D presents ranging from 1" to 2.5". They have been designed to be combined with the 3D Reindeer and 3D Sleigh files as well. These 3 files are proportioned to work together. All are both Cameo and Portrait friendly. It comes with the cutting files for 4 present styles. All can be resized to make additional variations.
They are designed to fit into the sleigh pattern also available through my Silhouette files.
- The tutorial for the sleigh is here. Cutting file for the sleigh is here.
- The tutorial for the reindeer is here. Cutting file is here.
- The tutorial for the presents is here. Cutting file is here .
Tutorial assembled using Silhouette Software Release 2.7.18. This tutorial assumes you already know how to use the Silhouette and Silhouette software. It can be cut on both Cameo and Portrait Silhouette machines.
- Template from Silhouette On-Line Store here.
- Glue dots 3/16"
- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Christmas patterned paper with a small pattern
- Pennies and tape (Optional)
Steps for assembling the presents:1. Download the cutting file for your Silhouette Cutting machine from the Silhouette Online Store here. Here is the file with some added lines. I have added a color rectangle around each group that fits together.
- Copy the files needed for a box and paste them into a new file.
- I liked having a variety of papers so I pasted each box into a different file.
- All the rectangular boxes have two parts, a bottom and a cover.
- The hex box has 4 parts.
- Cut the required pieces.
- I pasted the ribbon strips into a file which I cut in both plain red and plain green paper. Don't use card stock for the ribbon.
3. Assemble the box.
- Note each cut file has dotted cut lines. These are fold lines.
- Fold all sides and tabs in along the fold lines.
- Tape a penny or two into the bottom of the box. I did this just to give them a little weight.
- Add a glue dot to each corner of the bottom and box top and glue the tabs in place.:
- The cover fits over the base.
- You can add either a real ribbon or a paper ribbon.
- Put a glue dot in the top center of the box and glue a paper strip around the box one way.
- Add another glue dot and wrap a paper strip around the other way.
- Take a short piece of the paper ribbon and fold it to make a V.
- Cut the ends at angles.
- Glue that into the center of the ribbons.
- Glue another strip to the center, bend it over forming a bow loop. Glue it. Fold it back the other way and add another glue loop to create a tiny paper bow.
- All rectangular boxes in the set are made the same way.
- The Hexagonal box is made by glueing the sides to the base.
- The hexagons are slightly different sizes. The smaller one gets attached to the taller wall.
- The larger hexagon gets attached to the shorter wall and becomes the cover.
- Make a variety of presents in different papers.
Add them to the sleigh.
And then add some reindeer.
© 2013 Marji Roy, Ashbee Design